COLLOID MILL is suitable for homogenizing emulsifying dispersing, mixing, comminuting of liquids to highly viscous products, it is based on rotor-stator principle, it is available in plain as well as water jacketed in both STD & cGMP models.
Products are feed to the operating area of a rotor, having a speed of 3000 R.P.M by specially designed feed device. The product is processed by high sheer, pressure, and friction between the stator and rotor, the angular gap becomes narrower towards the discharges section. This processed product continuously leaves the mill through a drainpipe, if required, it can be re-circulated.
- The colloid mill can be used as an inline unit ( horizontal execution) for continuous operation in a process line, or with a funnel & circulation line ( vertical execution)
- The colloid mill has a broad application range & is used in food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, & cosmetic industries & even in water tretment plant.
- It operates successfully for products which must be ground & well dispersed.
- It disintegrates particles faster & uniform swiveling without forming agglomerates & homogenizer products in one pass.
- The mill develops not only high pressure in the grinding tool section, but turbulence & cavitations which when combined provide both a gentle grinding & the required impact, squeezing, cutting, etc, this affects the homogenizing of products & wetting out of powders, all in one pass.
- The centrifugal force of the rotor brings the material inside the mill. the rotor & stator combination with its exceptional large surface area provide impact effect.
- The three-way valve at the discharge connection of the colloid mill can either provide material to inlet opening for rework or discharge the processed material.
|MODEL||SASMARCO ( HORIZONTAL)|
|OUTPUT*||UP TO 1500 LITER|
|PARTICLE SIZE REDUCTION**||UP TO 5 MICRON|
|HOPPER CAPACITY||15 LITER ( CAN INCREASE ON DEMAND)|
|MOTOR||5 HP / 2850 RPM / 3 PH|